Key Stage 3 Humanities
During Key Stage 3 pupils study Geography, History and Religious Studies.
- Location within Britain and the World
- Map skills
- The development of Settlements
- Managing Coasts
- Shopping patterns
- Why was the Norman conquest successful?
- How well did medieval kings keep control?
- Looking For God
- Christians and Justice
- Gotama Buddha
- What are we doing to the Environment?
- The European Union
- Climate and Weather
- Rivers and Floods
- How did the Tudors change England?
- How did Elizabeth deal with the problems she faced?
- Why was religion so important in Stuart times?
- What was the Industrial Revolution?
- Should we be proud of the British Empire?
- He Changed My Life (Jesus Module)
- Beliefs & Practice (Sikhism)
- Places of Worship (Christianity & Sikhism)
- Plate Tectonics
- Population changes
- Within these modules we examine a wide range of case studies including the local area, Italy, Bangladesh, Brazil, Antarctica and Kenya.
- Why did World War One affect so many people?
- How did WW2 change the world?
- Was there more to the 20th century than war?
- In Year 9 pupils begin the OCR Philosophy and Ethics Short Course GCSE.