As a department we have:
- Excellent relationships with the pupils and a lively, positive atmosphere in most classes.
- Consistent high quality outcomes in all year groups.
- A culture of exceeding expectations and striving to produce the best outcomes, regardless of ability.
- A desire to embrace change and be actively involved in new whole school strategies.
- To promote positive values and mutual respect, relating the skills learned in art to wider life-skills required in society.
We attained artsmark gold standard last year, and won the regional 'Design a Superlambana' competition run in conjunction with BBC Northwest Tonight for Liverpool's Capital of Culture year.